Devon and Cornwall Police have released a new image of Mee Kuen Chong as the investigation into her death continues.
Police yesterday confirmed that the body discovered in a wooded area near Bennett Road, Salcombe, on Sunday was that of Mee Kuen Chong.
The 67-year-old, also known as Deborah, was reported missing from Wembley in London on June 11.
The cause of death has not yet been determined, and detectives say they are continuing to treat Mrs Chong’s death as “unexplained”.
A number of enquiries will be carried out in Salcombe over the coming days, and the local community will likely continue to see a high level of police activity.
Mayor Cllr Turton said the town had been left shocked by the discovery.
“We are, of course, utterly shocked at the recent discovery and deeply saddened that someone has lost their life and their body left in such circumstances,” she said.
"We send our condolences to the family, and sympathy to the member of public who found the body and reported it to the police.
"Salcombe is full of visitors at the moment and we would encourage everyone to remain calm and carry on with their holiday, for the businesses to also carry on, and not to speculate and feed the rumour mill.”
Police say they are particularly keen to hear from anyone who may have seen Mrs Chong between Thursday, June 10, and Sunday, June 27.