The jury hearing the murder trial of Rowan Sutton, accused of killing his former partner Aimee Pike, has been discharged and a retrial ordered.
Judge Robert Linford told the court the jury had been discharged “for legal reasons” and that the case would be retried next year.
The judge also imposed a reporting restriction under section 4 of the Contempt of Court Act 1981, preventing further reporting of the case until further ordered.
His Honour Judge Linford said there was a “substantial risk of prejudice to the administration of justice” if evidence heard during the trial was reported ahead of the retrial.
Sutton, 31, of West Charleton Court, in Kingsbridge, is accused of murdering his former partner, Aimee, who was 22, on April 23, 2025.
He is accused of killing Ms Pike before staging a scene on Embankment Road in Kingsbridge to make her death appear to be a suicide hit-and-run.
Sutton denies murder.
The jury had been hearing the case at Plymouth Crown Court since July 22 and was sent out to consider its verdict yesterday (Wednesday, August 19).
The jury has now been discharged and a new trial has been listed at Plymouth Crown Court to begin on March 1, 2027.




Comments
This article has no comments yet. Be the first to leave a comment.